Sunday, December 30, 2007

Holiday 2007 Projects

This holiday season I crunched a few fun projects into the busy schedule.

Wreath: I wanted to put together something cheery and sparkling for the front porch for the holiday season. I enjoyed working with less traditional/more funky colors. It was also fun to play with placing the different sizes of ornaments on the wreath.


Holiday Cards: I enjoy coming up with a new design challenge each year. This year I tasked myself with creating a snowglobe effect using transparent envelopes with glitter inside. I originally illustrated the vintage reindeer for a series of lottery tickets this past summer, but when the powers-that-be decided to go in a different direction and scrap the adorable creations, I decided that I would incorporate them into my holiday card design for 2007. I had fun adding dimention to the reindeer by applying foam tape to have them stand out. I also enjoyed adding gem embelishments and scalloping the edges of the cards.

(This shows the series of four designs)

(This shows the front of the card in an envelope)

(This shows the mailing side of the envelope)

Personalized Votives: I needed to put together a small, yet creative gift for the ladies in my bunco group. I put the finished creations in plastic bags, tied them with ribbon and put tags on them.


Gift Certificate Holders: These were made for gift certificates for my nieces and nephews as Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

Dazzling Diva Dana said...

I just love your scrapbooking pages... So above and beyond the typical stuff you see out there...

As one of the recipients of your Christmas cards each year, I am always impressed by your creativity and originality.

Your colorful wreath is even cooler in person.

I can't wait to see what else you artistically come up with!

Cheers!

~ Dana ;-)