Monday, December 31, 2007

Latest Life Art (Scrapbook) Pages

Last year I set the goal for myself to stay updated on scrapbooking the events that occured during that year and not to worry about how far behind I was on the other years (I still need to put pages together for Spencer's 1st Birthday. Yes, I am that far behind:). My primary focus of scrapbooking is to record Spencer's childhood events. My latest page is of a trip that we took to Bauman Farms in Oct. 2007.

This is my list of things to finish for the year:
  • Pumpkin Carving
  • Gingerbread Haunted House Decorating/Cupcake Decorating
  • Trick or Treating
  • Gilbert House Children's Museum Trip
  • Trip to Santa
  • Holiday Trip to the Ponies
  • Zoo Lights at Oregon Zoo
  • Trip to Horton
  • Christmas at Grandma Sandy's
  • Christmas at Grandma Patti's
  • Christmas at Grandma Carol's
  • Christmas Morning
  • Snow Time/Visit to see Grandma Betty & Auntie Rita & Uncle Jim & Uncle Trav

I have learned a lot about tapping into my own style and experimenting with different techniques. One book that I recently read was an inspiring book on recording the special moments in life called, "Life Artist: Scrapbooking Life's Journey" by Ali Edwards. I love that she uses the term "life art" for scrapbooking. It seems to lift scrapbooking to a heightened level of art. Being a graphic designer, I have always considered it an exercise in page layout.

Here is a list of books that I have found useful in putting together creative-driven scrapbook pages:

  • "Life Artist: Scrapbooking Life's Journey"
  • "The Book Book: Bringing Book Arts to Scrapbooking"
  • "Designing with Color"
  • "Designing with Greetings"
  • "The Look Book: Developing Your Own Personal Style..."
  • "Designing with Details: How the Little Things Make All the Difference in Your Pages"
  • "Free Style: Breaking Out of Your Box"

No comments: