Saturday, November 1, 2008

May 24, 2008 - Sitka Encaustic Workshop

This is a picture of the entrance of Sitka. It is an incredible area for learning art and ecology nestled in a gorgeous area just before you reach Lincoln City. I had an amazing time during my workshop, and plan to return for more in the future. It is such an amazing setting to work on art. I also loved the subject that I was learning, Encaustic. I plan to explore that medium more on my own in the future.

Here are the results of the day-long workshop. In the flower/bird pieces I was able to try a challenging transfer method that I have yet to perfect. I look forward to playing around with that technique this fall/winter. I have more pictures of the day's experience here: http://flickr.com/photos/26930878@N07/ .

1 comment:

On a Whimsey said...

Very nice pieces! It is fascinating to see different artists and what they bring to encaustics. I must admit I fell in love with the medium earlier this year and just love it!